Hoping you’re all staying healthy out there – the pandemic effect on this blog continues with another full week of posts. And because a whole bunch of you are in lockdown, there’s more link goodness here than usual. So first…
- Coronalinks 3/27/20: We’re Number One
- How deadly is the coronavirus? It’s still far from clear
- The [US] Military Knew Years Ago That a Coronavirus Was Coming
- Is Sweden’s Lax Approach to Coronavirus the Right Call?
- The coronavirus pandemic will break globalisation
- A cinematographer’s guide to looking good in web-based video conferencing.
- The Visual Landscape of a World Shaped by Pandemic
…and the Church’s response
- Christianity Offers No Answers About the Coronavirus. It’s Not Supposed To (Not everyone agreed with Tom Wright on this one)
- Why death is bad: a primer for Christians – excellent from Alan Jacobs.
- Wendell Was Right
- John Wesley and Online Church
- The Church (has gone) Online.
- How to secure your church’s online Zoom meeting
- The Plague Village – a very powerful story from history
- Should We Take Communion Virtually?
- Arab Christians Have Lost Easter Before. Here’s What They Learned.
- The Christians Who Didn’t Take Communion… for 350 Years
The Week’s Postings
Sunday: A life-changing encounter
Monday: The thinking person’s checklist
Wednesday: The challenges of a multi-cultural church
Thursday: Over or under-represented?
Friday: Will a pandemic turn Europe back to God?
From the archives
“I’ve never met Betsy, but if I do, she’ll get a big high-five from me. But that’s the thing, I’ve never met Betsy. I haven’t even visited her church on a Sunday, let alone preached there. But Betsy, along with many others in her church, spent a chunk of last Friday night, praying for us here in Stockholm. Praying, caring & loving. She even took the time to write us a postcard to tell us that.” – What Betsy Willis taught me about being a family of churches
I wrote that back in November and some people made a little video about it. Sadly the conference it was connected to has now been cancelled.
Some interesting things (to me)
Seven posts that caught my eye
- Why You Never See Your Friends Anymore – this article has nothing to do with the coronavirus! But something to think about for when life returns to ‘normal’
- Here’s what happens when you try to replicate climate contrarian papers
- Almshouses are coming back into fashion – and this is not a good sign
- Holbein’s Africa
- What to Do with the Bible’s Purity Laws
- Free-of-charge public transport isn’t free, Finnish experts say
- Thorncrown Chapel & some other beautiful chapels
I haven’t gone to volcanoes for a while, so it’s about time I did.
Seven Twitter highlights
- What you should be doing on Maunday Thursday
- A 4-year-old reading the Apostles’ Creed for the first time
- Missional made simple
- Locked down but not locked in
- 10 Zoom Commandments
- Exponential Graph watching
Something to watch
Have a great weekend.