It’s been a crazy couple of weeks which if I find the energy I’ll write about but I think I’m starting to find the time to write here again. Anyway, hope you find something of interest
The Week’s Postings
All these posts relate to the book review on Sweden as a utopia. As we say here varsågod (you’re welcome).
- Church Planting in Secular Scandinavia
- This Is How Scandinavia Got Great
- Green homes from Ikea come to Britain
- Sweden is now testing its digital version of cash, the e-krona (plus What is Swish? The mobile payments system used by more than two-thirds of Swedes)
- The Gender Scandal
- A 60-second intro to Swedish food
From the archives
I recently got into a twitter discussion with some people living in Sweden who are vehemently against all forms of parental ‘smacking’. It reminded me of this short piece I wrote a few years ago: To smack or not to smack?
Seven posts that caught my eye recently
- The missionary roots of liberal democracy
- When the World Sends You Garbage, Send Back Music
- Unfriendly Climate
- This is how Europe is ushering in a new golden era of train travel
- How to Email
- They Might Seem Useless, But These 8 Body Parts Actually Have Surprisingly Cool Functions
- A Collection of 40 Bad Christian Album Covers With Unfortunate Titles
Photos From the 2020 Dakar Rally – as ever some stunning photos here.
Seven Twitter highlights
- Moore’s law
- Social media is all Dave’s fault.
- Life is a gift.
- The light of the world
- Serving beyond
Something to watch
Have a great weekend.