The Week’s Postings
For some reason posting kind of fell of a bit this week, I had several ideas but didn’t quite get them down son only three posts including this one. We’ll move on to next week.
Tuesday: My 2020 reading list from everyone else’s 2019 recommendations
Wednesday: Consumerism remains a deadly enemy to faith
Thursday: Living in a godless culture in a God-filled world
Friday: Busy, exhausted, burnt out
From the archives
Judgement received. Bad news (for now) Stonewall law won this round.— Maya Forstater (@MForstater) December 18, 2019
Here is my statement in thread form.
I struggle to express the shock and disbelief I feel at reading this judgmenthttps://t.co/g149gB7rJz
- Of course biological sex exists
- The End of Transmania or the End of Reason?
- What Christians Should Know About Gender Ideology
- Jenny Odell on Why We Need to Learn to Do Nothing: ‘It’s a Reminder That You’re Alive’
- The Compelling Case for Working a Lot Less
- The suburbs are the spiritual home of overconsumption. But they also hold the key to a better future
- Churches Outnumber Pubs in the UK
Public Service Announcement
A friend has asked if I’d give a little airtime to their job vacancy for a youth-worker. So if you fancy living in Cornwall, here you go.
Seven posts that caught my eye recently
- Glory to God in the Lowest – Very true
- Victoria Falls dries to a trickle after worst drought in a century – Very sad.
- The world’s first 3D-printed neighborhood is being built in Mexico for families living on $3 a day – Very good!
- The Far Side finally has an official online home – Very funny
- You Have More Time for Bible Reading than You Think – very convicting
- The cultures that are northern Europe – very interesting
- Here’s a fantasy metro network for Bournemouth and Poole – Very niche (I grew up there)
Arctic adventure: a photography tour of Greenland – stunning as ever.
Some Twitter highlights
- Jurgen Klopps’ leadership philosophy. It’s brilliant.
- God vs. Santa in 90 seconds
- Seven superb metaphors for corporate prayer
- Galatians in five sentences
- Whose gospel?
- How to wrap presents – you’re welcome
Something to watch