This is another one of my bumper links collections – I had (several times) planned on writing an article and it never quite happened and now I have too many and feel somewhat overwhelmed by them all. So instead of just deleting them all – I’m just sharing them as a load of links and anyone interested can pick what looks of interest to them
Running is a lifesaver for me – it keeps me sane, keeps me healthy, gives me energy and gets me out of my office in to God’s office. In fact it’s one of my life words – because of all the above it is something that matters a lot to me. So that’s why I’ve saved up so many articles all about running.
On breaking the marathon record
- The Quest for A Faster Marathon
- Thoughts on Nike’s Breaking2 marathon attempt – in 2017 Eluid Kipchoge nearly broke 2 hours in Nike’s staged attempt. this year he almost did it in the Berlin marathon. Incredible stuff.
- Here Are A Few Illustrations Of How Absurdly Fast You Need To Run To Do A 2-Hour Marathon
- Average People Try To Keep Up With World-Record Marathon Pace, Fail Miserably
On the benefits of running
- How “Mindful Running” Can Help You Run Faster, Farther, and More Peacefully – I’m not advocating mantras particularly but running definitely helps me process, think, deal with the crazy…
- What does running do to your brain? – Answer: Lots of good things.
- How going for a run changes your brain: –
On running crazy long distances
- The Wisdom of Running a 2,189-Mile Marathon – I seriously have to question the use of the word ‘wisdom’ here. I think insanity would have been better.
- Ultrarunner Courtney Dauwalter Takes On The World’s Most Sadistic Endurance Race – why run a race that is described as ‘sadistic’? But good Lord, that’s incredible endurance.
On marathon runners
- Yuki Kawauchi Is Distance Running’s Elite Oddball
- The Marathon World Record Holder the World Forgot
- Runner volunteered to train blind athlete for marathon, then they fell in love
On running and aging
On stretching & drinking champagne
- How to Stretch If You Hate Stretching
- Remembering When Runners Drank Champagne as an Energy Drink – I think more people might run if they brought this technique back