In my previous set of links I outlined three main areas of conversation around gender & the church.
- The differing views on the role of women in the church
- This one on men and women in society
- The next one on the transgender movement
So usual disclaimers about not endorsing and not trying to be comprehensive blah blah blah. Let’s get to it.
On men, women & society
- Why Christians Need to Support Women’s Rights and Religious Freedom in the Muslim World
- The Gender War Is On! And Fake
- Why are elite female footballers barred from playing with men? (because rather than elevating women in sport it would probably be the end of women’s sport)
- Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost
- Study finds heterosexual women prefer benevolently sexist men
- The male glance: how we fail to take women’s stories seriously
- Whether a Husband Identifies as a Breadwinner Depends on Whether He Respects His Wife’s Career — Not on How Much She Earns
- How Frontier Nuns Challenged Gender Norms
- In Sweden you get paid double to be a parent (paid for by taxes of course)
- On Toxic Masculinity (Part 1)
- On Toxic Masculinity (Part 2)
- The problem of masculinity, in men’s words
- Male Trouble
- What Men Want
- A Man’s Place Is in the Home
- Men Without Chests
- The Gospel: Antidote To Misogyny?
On kids & kids & toys
- The Quiet, Wonderful Rise of Gender-Neutral Toys
- What happens to children’s attitudes when they play with counter-gender toys?
- How to raise a feminist son
- Is Domestic Violence Private? On the one hand I think Sessions was right to say that a form of hardship (even abuse) doesn’t necessarily qualify someone for asylum but I also think there could be something very powerful about a country that says: ‘We are a safe refuge for women’ – not sure that country exists yet.
- Why equality is not enough when you’ve been abused
- Is Numbers 5 Good for Women?
- Kidman: ‘Cruise marriage protected me from harassment’ – ponder this sentence: “I married for love, but being married to an extremely powerful man kept me from being sexually harassed.”
- Do Calvinists Believe Myths That Justify Domestic Violence? (the next article is related to this story)
- Steven Sandage And Domestic Violence