As far as this blog goes 2013 was a low-point. In fact, I wondered if I’d lost the will to carry it on and perhaps I would just leave it to slowly decay in the blogosphere. Obviously I decided against that.
Life on the other hand has not been dull and there are many things worth noting about the year passed. Here are a handful of personal highlights:
- Skiing on snow for the first time in my life. Terrifying, daunting and then slowly exhilarating.
- Building my first igloo and walking on frozen lakes
- Our first, of what we hope to be many, visits to Tallinn and the beginnings of our friendship with these guys.
- Visits to England for weddings, teaching, inspiration, friends, family but not rest.
- Being joined by 50 people from around UK & Sweden to pray for Stockholm
- Visits from family, new friends (including a team from this great church) & old, all while enjoying 5 months of warm Stockholm sunshine
- Eating surströmming
- Running my slowest and most painful marathon in a torrential downpour (also in the Stockholm summer)
- Starting a job at a supermarket, working totally in Swedish
- Going ice skating with my son
- Seeing new people join our church plant and love it
- Celebrating 9 years of marriage to my wife, 6 years of life with my son and 3 years of life with my daughter
For what everyone else got up to in 2013, watch this