This is the week that was here on the blog plus a few bonuses for the weekend.
The week’s posts
- Why so many young Swedes live alone
- Why India wants to break its decades-old nuclear pledge (related back to this recent post)
- New Study Outlines The Nuclear Winter We’d Have if US And Russia Blew Up Their Bombs (which would at least solve our global warming problem).
- Outdoor swimming is good for body and soul (more of this please – we love outdoor swimming in Sweden!)
- How to Tread Water Efficiently – I bet you were doing it wrong
- Can Britain’s Top Bookseller Save Barnes & Noble? – Let’s hope so.
- The mountain in North Wales that tried to stop the UK’s blackout
Knowing your bananas
Today I learned that the ripeness level of a banana 🍌 changes the sugar and fiber content of the fruit. pic.twitter.com/zklpEjBQLd— Simon Kuestenmacher (@simongerman600) August 1, 2019
Oh my goodness
Simone Biles, in extreme slow motion. pic.twitter.com/mjdYp0zwkv— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) August 12, 2019