So my blogging along with my reading has ground to a halt in recent days but there’s a slow resurgence this week. This will be the first Curiosity Index in, I am ashamed to say, six weeks. Still we’re back and full of link laden goodness to stimulte, inform and amuse.
The Week’s Postings
And related reading
- You Must Stare This Scary Fact in the Face (read with Fireflies)
Well the world continues to be in the grip of this disease but I think the shift in the richer north back towards a more sustainable approach is under way. Yet there is a very wide range of views about Sweden’s approach.
- UK suffers second-highest death rate from coronavirus
- Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Sweden in 2020, by age groups
- Curiosity and the crisis in our care homes
- Where Do White Evangelicals Get Their Coronavirus News? The White House – oh good grief.
- Coronalinks 5/18/20: When All You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Starts Looking Like A Dance
- Bill Gates on how to fight future pandemics
From the archives
“Most people are convinced they’re good people and it takes something extra to make them realise that just pottering around being a generally nice bloke doesn’t cut the mustard with God in the holiness stakes.” Relational Mission: Everyone a witness
Some interesting things (to me)
Seven posts that caught my eye.
- Why is the Ascension the most important part of Jesus’ ministry?
- The Nations of Pentecost
- Dear Worthless Cockroach
- Colossians – chapter 4 in little black & white drawings
- Creationism, Unchallenged
- There’s nothing normal about getting nude on set – couple this with Tim Challies’ Sex on the Silver Screen: A Scenario to Consider
- Dead Sea Scroll Fragments Thought to Be Blank Turn Out to Have Hidden Text Inscribed
Seven Twitter highlights (plus a few extra)
- The beauty of the UK (also this, this and this)
- It was both a privilege and fun to be a part of ELF Online
- Meanwhile in Berlin
- Drinking buddies
- Up for a bit of an adventure in Stockholm?
- See the person behind the extra chromosome
Something to watch
Have a great weekend.