There are several posts here all dealing with the historical evidence for the resurrection and inevitably they cover similar ground but also with slightly different contributions.
But before I share all of that one extract stood out to me from Scot McKnight
I know all of that, I said. I know all of the alternative suggestions and reasons given by some why the resurrection couldn’t have happened. I know about the confusion of the gospel accounts. I know all of that and yet, I’ve come to the conclusion that Christ was indeed raised from the dead and conquered death in the process. I believe Jesus is alive now and able to bring life from death through the Spirit of God.
You can’t stand up on Easter Sunday morning and preach, “Maybe…” You have to be able to declare, “He’s alive!” with every fiber of your being. If you can’t do that, then don’t preach. Don’t preach on Easter or any other Sunday for that matter.
Easter matters because if Jesus wasn’t raised from the dead, if Jesus is still dead then He can’t help and we need His help. We desperately need His help…
…because we’re all dying. In big ways and little ways, but dying just the same. That’s why all of love the ending of Romans 7. Is there anyone who can help us? Right here? Right now?
It’s not just Easter that’s at stake. It’s every day.
- Justin Holcomb The Resurrection Is Credible & Historical, Jesus’ Tomb is Empty! and Post-Resurrection Appearances & the Beginning of Christianity
- Matt Perman at Desiring God on the Historical Evidence for the Resurrection
- Ian Paul offers his take on the evidence for the resurrection
- Ian Hutchinson asks Can a scientist believe in the resurrection? Three hypotheses
- Then there’s the Babylon Bee take on it: Here Are 3 Totally Solid Reasons To Believe Jesus Came Back From The Dead, But I Don’t Believe Them Because I’m Not A Weak-Minded Moron
- Zondervan Academic blog has this on What the resurrection means
- Nick Batzig on what we lose If Christ is Not Risen…
- Kevin Carson offers 9 things you need to know about the resurrection
- Brad Watson asks, what’s the point of the resurrection? Answer: the end of death and self-destruction
- Hannah Morr on being Mystified by Easter
- Scot McKnight ponders on The Power of Resurrection?
- Mitch Chase asks Does the Old Testament Teach Resurrection Hope?
- Larry Hurtado on being clear that Jesus was raised by God
- Jason Micheli affirms that we do mean the resurrection of the body
If you’ve read any particularly good pieces on the Resurrection or stand out sermons, do me a favour and share!