The Week’s Postings
Sunday: Why gather: to eat, sing & pray together
Monday: Corporate prayer is like digging a ditch
Tuesday: Praying together is like armed combat
Wednesday: Corporate prayer is like an orchestra playing
Thursday: Corporate prayer is like serving the devil an eviction notice
- 20 Quotes from John Onwuchekwa on (Corporate) Prayer
- Top ten tips on leading a time of prayer by Tim Chester
- European Students Unite in Prayer for Revival
- One Big Reason the Church Doesn’t Pray
From the archives
Seven posts that caught my eye recently
- Why Christianity Quit Growing in Korea
- The dream of high speed trains is already coming off the rails – and as an extra bonus: The return of the night train
- Motorola made the foldable Razr we’ve wanted – The Razr was my first cool phone. I did have the indestructible Nokia 3610 but the Razr was cool. So this new iteration looks great but the chances of me paying $1500 for a phone? Zero.
- Building of the week: the autonomous house: And as an extra bonus here’s a really useful guide to passive houses
- Oatmeal Is Still the World’s Best Performance Breakfast – or known by its other name – Porridge
- Wollaton Hall – I used to go running around here while I was at university
- Zoom & Skype call tips (the secrets of video conferences) from Seth Godin so they must be good.
Entrants from the Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Something sporty on Twitter
“I don’t believe in the prosperity Gospel. I believe if you read the word of God and you understand it, there’s trials along the way but they equip your heart to be who you are.”— Sports Spectrum (@Sports_Spectrum) November 13, 2019
Watch @NickFoles preach the Gospel at his press conference today. pic.twitter.com/8vQaWXwpfL
And some unintentional theology from the world of (proper) football
Define penal substitution in a tweet. https://t.co/qxPVyrIGTx— Hannah Rich (@hannahmerich) November 6, 2019
Something to watch
We used to live not too far from Powys Castle. It’s quite the beautiful place.
Have a great weekend.