Not quite back to normal bloggin – but we’re working on it. Here are some things to stimulate, entertain and inform.
The Week’s Postings
The news has been, reasonably enough, dominated by the protests after the killing of George Floyd at the hands of the police. In some way all my posts this week have some connection to that.
And related reading
- Solidarity with black people
- Senator Chambers in 1966
- Race. Riots. Response.
- Amos 5
- Toppled statues and how civil disobedience works
- Pastoring and Posturing
- An Antiracism Glossary – White Privilege
- A Short Review of Cone’s God of the Oppressed
Have you noticed that something has eclipsed the pandemic in Western media despite the fact that coronavirus cases are growing faster than ever before?
- Sweden’s coronavirus experiment has well and truly failed (apparently)
- Excess deaths in care homes in Sweden (in graphs & in Swedish)
- How the Coronavirus Compares With 100 Years of Deadly Events
- An Epidemic of Shame
From the archives
Furniture buying for church planters: “If you kit out your home so it works for just your family you’ve not been thinking properly about what you’re doing or the importance of your home in doing it. The most important asset any church planter has for years is their home, so make sure it works to help you with your mission.”
Some interesting things (to me)
Seven posts that caught my eye.
- J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues (also The NHS has quietly changed its trans guidance to reflect reality)
- The Christian Art of Dying Well (also see my recent post Fireflies)
- Hong Kong Christians Respond as Beijing’s Grip Tightens
- How the World’s Only Feudal Lord Outclassed the Nazis to Save Her People
- The End of the New World Order
- Four Reasons You Shouldn’t Exist
- 3XN’s green-roofed offices to sport an elevated cycling path in Stockholm
Seven Twitter highlights (plus a few extra)
- Some thoughts on giving as a practice for spiritual formation (from me)
- The Make Up of World Christianity as just 100 Christians
- Get a free ebook on race and justice
- James Corden’s dad
- The stealth of a sofa
- Dad’s are great
Something to watch
Have a great weekend.