Last Sunday as a church we read 1 Thessalonians chapter 1 together. Here are a few things worth thinking about:
- Could Paul write about our ‘work produced by faith’ our ‘labour prompted by love’ and our ‘endurance inspired by hope’? (v.3)
- Do you know that if your faith is in Christ you are ‘chosen’ and ‘loved’? (v.4)
- Does our Gospel come just with words or with ‘power, the Holy Spirit and full conviction’? (v.5)
- Are our lives worthy of imitation (v.6) and as a church could we be a model to others (v.7)?
- Does the message of the Gospel ‘ring out from us everywhere’? (v.8)
- Have we turned from all our idols? (v.9)
- There is a wrath to come and it’s only Jesus that can save us from it (v.10).