It’s my personal conviction that Europe is seriously lacking in missional investment and church planting resources. The road to dealing with that begins in prayer. Here are some prayer points taken from Operation World.
- Biblical illiteracy is shockingly common considering the high levels of education and historic influence of Scripture in European history.
- A new generation of leaders must be raised and trained. The need remains urgent – committed, culturally aware and biblically sound leaders who can pastor, teach, evangelize, speak prophetically into Church and society and plant churches where there are none.
- For evangelicals to develop a mature theology that addresses: relativism, human rights, gender issues, sexuality, the sanctity of life etc, etc…
- Europe’s spinning moral compass and crumbling societies offer opportunities for the church to have a powerful redemptive influence and to restore spiritual and ethical standards. These can be achieved by an active holism that engages with humility and passion.
- Spiritual warfare and the need to engage in it must be recognised in the Church – Europe’s great academic legacy and cultural sophistication can undermine the recognition that the struggle is not against flesh and blood.
- Immigrant churches are undeniably vital to Europe’s future. Pray for God to raise up men and women who will pioneer this bridging of different cultures and backgrounds into one unified body that will glorify Jesus and win Europe back to the gospel.
There are loads of needs and challenges, but none of those are bad places to start. Please take just a moment today now you’ve read this to ask God for gospel renewal across Europe.