In terms of decision making 2010 was quite a year and in 2011 I get to follow through on some of those decisions. There are a number of challenges ahead:
- In January we launch Hope Church and as a church begin Just 10. We’ll also apply to universities in Sweden. At the end of January I’ll bring some teaching from Philippians to York CU at their houseparty.
- In February I visit Sweden and try and work out where we’ll live for 9 months or so, plus pray and fast with Newfrontiers leaders.
- We need to raise enough finance to support us as a family for language learning, ministry and moving twice in a year first to Sweden and then to Stockholm.
- We need to find somewhere to live somewhere in Sweden.
- We’re already beginning language learning but it’s a challenge to find the mental energy to do that plus raise kids, our jobs, sort the house and prepare to move.
- In May it will be my last Soul Purpose.
- In June we’ll begin saying goodbye to our UK friends and family!
- Throughout the first six months of the year we’ll keep team building for Stockholm, have a day for those interested and visit Stockholm to make advance plans
- By July we need to have sold or rented our house and move to Sweden after the last Brighton leaders conference. In this month Noah will turn 3 and Anna will hit her first birthday.
- In August we make a brief return to England for Emma’s brother’s wedding but generally relax and get used to our new home.
- In September we begin some language course or other at a destination as yet unknown.
So not exactly sitting back and chilling out then….