Here’s my last round up of book reviews and things for 2010. As always peruse, use and read!
- Charles Crosland has read Eric Metaxas’ biography of Bonhoeffer: Pastor, martyr, prophet, spy
- Tim Challies has reviewed The Death of the Grown Up by Diana West. Great idea. Tim says, ‘If West is correct, our society needs to grow up and needs to do so before it is too late.’
- Gary McMurray has read Disciplines of a Godly Man by R Kent Hughes, ‘Areas of life perhaps never considered before are brought into scrutiny, and motives, thoughts, words and actions are examined carefully.’ He also managed The Incarnation in the Gospels by Philip Ryken et al
- Matt Hosier has reviewed Carl Trueman’s Republocrat, ‘great fun…, and a helpful insight into things politico-religious Stateside’ and also Michael Gershon and Peter Wehner’s City of Man, ‘There is little that is ground-breaking in City of God, but it is worth a read.’
- Here’s my reading list for 2010 but not as extensive as Gary McMurray’s
- The Gospel Coalition staff give their recommended books of 2010. There are 15 books on the list, I’ve read one, been sent another and would like three more, I find these lists quite helpful.
- Matt Blick lists his 10 books of the year. An eclectic mix – his film list is here
- At the other side of Sunday Jon Coutts lists his 35 top non-fiction books
- JT has a round up of other book lists for 2010